Mark’s practice is focused on representing:
- privately-held companies in their business and corporate matters
- investors of all types (including individuals and groups of angel investors)
- 5 years as general counsel to Bill Gates and Cascade Investment, LLC
- 19 years of private law practice
- 10 years as a partner at Preston Gates & Ellis
- 3 years at Securities & Exchange Commission, Washington, D.C.
- Past clients range from gigantic and public entities to closely-held companies and individuals.
Mark is a problem solver.
- Looks at the big picture
- Thinks about clients’ goals
- Anticipates issues
- Presents alternative (and creative) solutions.
Honesty, trust, integrity and pragmatism are critical to my practice.
“Creative lawyer” is not an oxymoron; lawyer jokes appreciated.
When needed, Mark introduces his clients to other lawyers with more specialized skills in such areas as intellectual property, employment and tax matters. Mark has a network of attorneys that he can access as co-counsel whenever his clients need that expertise.